Grenada Hash House Harriers 1000th hash schedule and dates have been finalised. Come join us in a week long celebration of this exciting event. We have non stop entertainment and activities for you from 25th September 2017 until 1st October 2017.
Our 1 week celebration of our 1000th hash includes a wide variety of ceremonies, hashes, hikes, tours and limes, to suit all age groups and fitness levels.
International visitors that are thinking about attending our 1000th Hash, please let us know if you are interested and we will reserve a spot for you at all the events. This is important for events like the Rum Runner Hash which has limited tickets. No pre-payment is required for reservations, please let us know if you will be joining us before end of August 2017.
1000th Hash Grand Prize Draw
Island WindJammers have sponsored a Grand Prize for our 1000th Hash celebration. The prize is a 6-night cruise for two, in Navigator Cabin aboard Diamant, or Standard Cabin aboard Sagitta and Vela. To be entered into the draw for the Grand Prize, hashers will be required to attend every event during our 1 week celebration. The Grand Prize draw will be held at the closing ceremony on 1st October.
Let us know which events you think you will be participating in during our one week celebration. This will assist us in catering for the right amount of transportation, food and rinks at each event.
Hash #1000 Event Schedule
Monday 25th September 2017
- Opening Ceremony at Coconut Beach, Grand Anse. Start time 5:00pm . Registration cards will be handed out to be filled in at each event to enable participation in the Grand Draw at the closing ceremony.
Tuesday 26th September 2017
- Hiking Tours: One from Concord to Grand Etang via Mt Qua Qua and an easier one – from Grand Etang to the Seven Sisters Falls an back. Lunch at Grand Etang at the end of each hike. The difficulties of each to be explained and hashers can choose either option. Gather at 8.30 for 9am departure. Buses will leave from Grand Anse area. Return by 4pm. Bus Transportation cost is EC$40 (USD $15) per person
- Evening: Karaoke, beer drinking and other nonsense. Venue: Sea Port. Start 6.30pm.
Wednesday 27th September 2017
- Rum Runner Hash: 2pm start of boarding to leave by 3pm sharp – Boarding of Rum Runner will be at the Carenage, the location of the actual hash is a secret and will only be revealed when the Rum Runner arrives at the start of the hash. This hash will be limited to 250 people and details on bookings will be given closer to the time. No children allowed on the Rum Runner hash. Only hashers with pre-purchased tickets will be allowed to board the Rum Runner. Ticket costs will be about EC$40 (USD $15) per person. We may arrange buses for return transportation after the Rum Runner re-docks in the evening – this will confirmed closer to the time. International visitors can book now.
Thursday 28th September 2017
- Round Island Tour: Gather at 9.30 for a 10am start. Buses will leave from Grand Anse. There will be a beach lunch stop at Sauteurs and bar stops near at the end.
The cost of the beach lunch is included in the bus transportation price of EC$65 (USD $25).
Friday 29th September 2017
- Rum Shop Crawl/Hash: Venue Annandale. Start 5pm. Hash to have 5 or 6 Rum Shop stops. Free beers will be given to everybody who brings one bottle top back from each bar. The bottle tops will be marked in such a way as to prevent cheating. Buses will be arranged from Grand Anse area at 3:30pm. Bus Transportation cost is EC$40 (USD $15) per person
Saturday 30th September 2017
- Hash #1000: 2pm gathering for a 3:30pm ON ON. Venue is Chantimelle, There will be 6 or more trails: ranging from Namby Pamby to an Iron Man. There will be bus transportation available to and from the hash, buses leaving from Grand Anse and transportation cost is EC$40 (USD $15) per person
Sunday 1st October 2017
- Closing ceremony: Meet at 2pm for fun, games, presentation of the weeks awards, celebrations and the grand prize draw. Venue will be the Concrete Strip, Magazine Beach.
International visitors that are thinking about attending our 1000th Hash, please let us know if you are interested and we will reserve a spot for you at all the events. No pre-payment is required for reservations, please let us know if you will be joining us before end of August 2017.
Bus transportation will be arranged for all events except Monday Opening ceremony, Tuesday Karaoke evening, to the Carenage for the Rum Runner Hash and Sunday Closing ceremony. Cost for transportation to all other events will come to a total of about EC$250 (USD $93) often this price includes a little something free like the beach lunch on the island tour and a beer or two at some of the other events.
Accommodation: A couple of establishments are offering discount rates for visitors coming over to do the 1000th hash. When booking your accommodation with the below establishments, let them know that you are here for the 1000th hash and the applicable discounted rate will be given to you.
- 1 Bedroom (2 person) apartment – US$80
- 2 bedroom (4 person) apartment – US$100
- Studio apartments for two guests @ US$80/night/studio
- one bedroom Apt for three guests @ US$100/night/apartment
- two bedroom Apt for four guests @ US$160/night/apartment
- For groups of 10 to 15 people there is a group rate discount charge of US$35/night/person
- For groups more than 15 people there is a group rate discount charge of US$30/night/person
More information will be posted to this event notice as it becomes available!
Download our Hash #1000 Event Poster below for easy reference for our week’s celebration.