Grenada Hash House Harriers 1000th hash schedule and dates have been finalised. Come join us in a week long celebration of this exciting event. We have non stop entertainment and activities for you from 25th September 2017 until 1st October 2017.
Our 1 week celebration of our 1000th hash includes a wide variety of ceremonies, hashes, hikes, tours and limes, to suit all age groups and fitness levels.
Hash #1000 Event Schedule
Monday 25th September 2017
- Opening Ceremony at Coconut Beach, Grand Anse. Start time 5:30pm
Tuesday 26th September 2017
- Hiking Tours: One from Mount Horne to Victoria via Mt St Catherine’s and an easier one – to the Seven Sisters Falls. The difficulties of each to be explained and hashers can choose either option. Gather at 8.30 for 9am departure. Buses will leave from Grand Anse area. Return by 4pm. Bus Transportation cost is EC$40 (USD $15) per person
- Evening: Karaoke, beer drinking and other nonsense. Venue: Sea Port. Start 6.30pm.
Wednesday 27th September 2017
- Rum Runner Hash: 2pm start – Boarding of Rum Runner will be at the Carenage, the location of the actual hash is a secret and will only be revealed when the Rum Runner arrives at the start of the hash. This hash will be limited to 250 people and details on bookings will be given closer to the time. Only hashers with pre-purchased tickets will be allowed to board the Rum Runner. Ticket costs will be EC$40 (USD $15) per person. We may arrange buses for return transportation after the Rum Runner re-docks in the evening – this will confirmed closer to the time.
Thursday 28th September 2017
- Round Island Tour: Gather at 9.30 for a 10am start. Buses will leave from Grand Anse. There will be a beach lunch stop at Sauteurs and bar stops near at the end.
The cost of the beach lunch is included in the bus transportation price of EC$65 (USD $25).
Friday 29th September 2017
- Rum Shop Crawl/Hash: Venue Annandale. Start 5pm. Hash to have 5 or 6 Rum Shop stops. Free beers will be given to everybody who brings one bottle top back from each bar. The bottle tops will be marked in such a way as to prevent cheating. Buses will be arranged from Grand Anse area at 3:30pm. Bus Transportation cost is EC$40 (USD $15) per person
Saturday 30th September 2017
- Hash #1000: 2pm gathering for a 3pm ON ON. Venue is Chantimelle, There will be 6 trails: Namby Pamby, Short Walkers, Long Walkers, Short Runner, Long Runner and an Iron Man. There will be bus transportation available to and from the hash, buses leaving from Grand Anse and transportation cost is EC$40 (USD $15) per person
Sunday 1st October 2017
- Closing ceremony: Meet at 2pm for a 3pm live hash, followed by presentation of the weeks awards and celebrations. Venue will be BBC Beach.
Bus transportation will be arranged for all events except Monday Opening ceremony, Tuesday Karaoke evening, to the Carenage for the Rum Runner Hash and Sunday Closing ceremony. Cost for transportation to all other events will come to a total of about EC$250 (USD $93) often this price includes a little something free like the beach lunch on the island tour and a beer or two at some of the other events.
Accommodation: A couple of establishments are offering discount rates for visitors coming over to do the 1000th hash. When booking your accommodation with the below establishments, let them know that you are here for the 1000th hash and the applicable discounted rate will be given to you.
- 1 Bedroom (2 person) apartment – US$80
- 2 bedroom (4 person) apartment – US$100
More information will be posted to this event notice as it becomes available!
Download our Hash #1000 Event Poster below for easy reference for our week’s celebration.