Grenada Hash House Harriers 1000th hash and 1 week celebration is nearly upon us. Come join us from 25th September 2017 until 1st October 2017 in celebrating this exciting event which includes a wide variety of ceremonies, hashes, hikes, tours and limes, to suit all age groups and fitness levels. .
International visitors that are thinking about attending our 1000th Hash, please let us know if you are interested and we will reserve a spot for you at all the events. This is important for events like the Rhum Runner Hash which has limited tickets. No pre-payment is required for reservations, please let us know if you will be joining us before 15th of August 2017.
1000th Hash Grand Prize Draw
Island WindJammers have sponsored a Grand Prize for our 1000th Hash celebration. The prize is a 6-night cruise for two, in Navigator Cabin aboard Diamant, or Standard Cabin aboard Sagitta and Vela. To be entered into the draw for the Grand Prize, hashers will be required to attend every event during our 1 week celebration. The Grand Prize draw will be held at the closing ceremony on 1st October.
Proud Sponsors of the Grenada HHH 1000th Hash
Hash #1000 Event Schedule
Monday 25th September 2017
- Opening Ceremony at Coconut Beach, Grand Anse. Start time 5:00pm . Registration cards will be handed out to all hashers which will be stamped at each event to enable participation in the Grand Draw at the closing ceremony. International visitors will receive their welcome pack with their 1000th Hash T-shirt – make sure you have booked and given us your size and style preference.
Tuesday 26th September 2017
- Hiking Tours: One from Concord to Grand Etang and an easier one – from Grand Etang to the Seven Sisters Falls an back. Lunch at Grand Etang at the end of each hike. The difficulties of each to be explained and hashers can choose either option. Gather at 8.30 for 9am departure. Bus Transportation will be available for all hashers, pickup points TBA. Return by 4pm.
- Evening: Karaoke, beer drinking and other nonsense. Venue: Sea Port. Start 6.30pm.
Wednesday 27th September 2017
- Rhum Runner Hash: 2pm start of boarding to leave by 3pm sharp – Boarding of Rhum Runner will be at the Carenage, the location of the actual hash is a secret and will only be revealed when the Rhum Runner arrives at the start of the hash. This hash will be limited to 250 people. No children allowed on the Rum Runner hash. Only hashers with pre-purchased tickets will be allowed to board the Rhum Runner – tickets will be sold at hashes a couple of weeks prior to the event. Ticket costs will be about EC$25 (USD $10) per person. International visitors can book now and can collect their ticket at the Opening Ceremony. International visitors must let us know before 15th August if they want to be on the Rhum Runner Hash.
Thursday 28th September 2017
- Round Island Tour: Gather at 9.30 for a 10am start. Buses will be available to all hashers that want it, pickup points TBA. Hashers with their own transportation can meet us at Green Bridge.
- Itinerary: Buses will stop at Concord Falls, Nutmeg Factory, Victoria Chocolate Factory. Then lunch & drinks on the beach in Sauteurs. After lunch, we stop at The River Antoine Rum Distillery and then Bumpy Corner bar.
Friday 29th September 2017
- Rum Shop Crawl/Hash: Venue Annandale. Start 5pm. Hash to have 5 or 6 Rum Shop stops with fun an games. Bus transportation will available for all hashers that want it, pickup points TBA – departure time about 3:30pm.
Saturday 30th September 2017
- Hash #1000: 2pm gathering for a 3:00pm ON ON. Venue is Chantimelle, There will be 6 or more trails: ranging from a very short achievable by all walk to a good, fun, long, tough run. There will be bus transportation available to and from the hash, buses leaving from Grand Anse.
Sunday 1st October 2017
- Closing ceremony: Meet at 2pm for fun, games, presentation of the weeks awards, celebrations and the grand prize draw. Venue will be the Concrete Strip, Magazine Beach.
International visitors that are thinking about attending our 1000th Hash, please let us know if you are interested and we will reserve a spot for you at all the events. No pre-payment is required for reservations, please let us know if you will be joining us before 15th of August 2017.
Bus transportation will be arranged for all events except Monday Opening ceremony, Tuesday Karaoke evening, to the Carenage for the Rum Runner Hash and Sunday Closing ceremony.
Accommodation: A couple of establishments are offering discount rates for visitors coming over to do the 1000th hash. When booking your accommodation with the below establishments, let them know that you are here for the 1000th hash and the applicable discounted rate will be given to you.
- 1 Bedroom (2 person) apartment – US$80
- 2 bedroom (4 person) apartment – US$100
- Studio apartments for two guests @ US$80/night/studio
- one bedroom Apt for three guests @ US$100/night/apartment
- two bedroom Apt for four guests @ US$160/night/apartment
- For groups of 10 to 15 people there is a group rate discount charge of US$35/night/person
- For groups more than 15 people there is a group rate discount charge of US$30/night/person
More information will be posted to this event notice as it becomes available!
Download our Hash #1000 Event Poster below for easy reference for our week’s celebration.